2017 Veenker Ladies' League
9 Hole Summer Golf League
Registrations Due by Wed. May 24
Informational Meeting and FREE Practice Round
|2017 Ladies' League Schedule|
|May 11||Informational Meeting||5:30||FREE Golf to Follow|
|May 18||Full Swing Clinic ~ 1 Hr. $5.00/Person ~ Meet at Driving Range at 5:15; optional golf afterwards at league rate.|
|May 25||Kickoff Best Shot!||6:00 Shotgun|
|June 1||Blind Partner||6:00 Shotgun||Free Clinic 5:15 Clubhouse Green ~ Putting|
|June 8||Hi HO!||6:00 Shotgun|
|June 15||Drive 4 Show, Putt 4 Dough||6:00 Shotgun|
|June 20||4 Gal Best Shot||8:30 a.m.||(non-league event)|
|June 22||I or Cy?||6:00 Shotgun||Free Clinic 5:15 Driving Range ~ Pitching|
|June 29||Nine & Wine||6:00 Shotgun|
|July 6||No League Play due to July 4th holiday and Iowa Masters Tournament.
Consider being a volunteer! Many shifts available. Watch some great golf and meet some fun people!
|July 13||Mystery Game||6:00 Shotgun|
|July 20||Flag Events||6:00 Shotgun||Free Clinic 5:00 Driving Range ~ Sand Shots|
|July 27||Solheim Cup||6:00 Shotgun|
|August 3||Veenker, Hold 'em||6:00 Shotgun|
|August 10||Hangin' with the boys||6:00 Shotgun||Free Clinic 5:00 Driving Range ~ Full Swing|
|August 17||The Finale!||6:00 Shotgun|
(Weekly games subject to change throughout the season.)
There will be 4 Free Clinics throughout the year covering many aspects of the game. All Ladies League members are encouraged to attend when their schedule allows. A laid back atmosphere with basic fundamentals being taught will be the main focus.
Descriptions of Events
- Best Shot
- Both Players tee off. Select the better of the 2 shots, both players hit from that location. Continue as such until ball is holed.
- Blind Partner
- The pro shop will issue each player a partner; you play 9 holes and find out who your partner is when you are done.
- Hi Ho!
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto will affect your scores tonight!
- Drive 4 Show, Put 4 Dough
- Prizes will be awarded for driving and putting contests.
- I or Cy?
- Do you have a favorite? All players play 9 holes. Player A plays the first hole w/ logo ball. Player B plays the 2nd hole with the logo ball. Alternate who plays with I or Cy throughout your round. The team with the best 9 hole score without losing I or Cy wins.
- Nine & Wine
- We supply the wine... 'nuff said?
- Mystery Game
- Come and find out this new game will be!
- Flag Event Contests
- A different pin prize for every hole including longest drive, longest putt, closest to the pin, etc.
- Solheim Cup
- We will divide into 2 groups. Play best ball, best shot, and alternate shot format, 3 holes each for 9 holes.
- Hangin' with the boys
- These guys are tricky; be prepared for some fun!
- Veenker, Hold 'Em
- A modified version of the traditional Best Shot.
- End the season with a Fun, Fond, Farewell!